Day 7: Tony Stark and Pepper Potts
Sorry for the delay! This week is not fun.
Thank you everyone for submitting suggestions. I’ve written down almost all of them.
I need about five or six more suggestions for inktober! What character/s should I draw?
Upon second viewing, I have definitely concluded that Guardians of the Galaxy is even better when you imagine it as a tabletop campaign with an increasingly frustrated DM who’s sick of being interrupted.
GM: “Roll 2d10.”
Peter: “Red high. Twelve.”
GM: “You have 12 percent of a plan.”
The entire prison break scene was just Rocket’s player rolling knowledge checks on every turn until something worked.
- When Drax’s player said, “I go into the phone booth and call Ronan to Knowhere”, the DM stared open-mouthed for a minute, then called break time. The rest of the party was speechless.
- Pretty much just in general, Drax’s player is one of those people who thinks Chaotic Neutral means “throws self at shit for the lulz” and is really fortunate he didn’t have many other opportunities to derail the campaign.
- Gamora’s player gets really exasperated by the entirety of the campaign. They rolled a character with a tragic backstory and clear hooks to the villain to expand on, and had no idea that everyone else was going to be so silly. It leads to begging the party to just once execute a normal plan because look at Gamora’s stealth bonus, this min/maxed assassin needs a chance to use her abilities, please.
- Rocket’s a skill monkey who, if not for Drax’s grand display of idiocy, would have gladly derailed the campaign with absurd plans.
- Groot was a joke idea someone came up with that people ended up liking too much.
- Ronan’s confusion when Star Lord began dancing was the DM’s confusion verbatim.
- The DM now vetoes Chaotic Neutral characters on principle.
gingerhaze is my hero.
Cats and Tumblr
This is totally unrelated to why I am angry at the world, but as a response to being angry at the world, I would like to read some fluffy fanfic. Which I can’t even do, because my current fandom is the most disgustingly cliche ridden fandom there ever was and I have passed the point where I can even get through one chapter of a fic because everything is exactly the same. And its not like it’s the same in good ways. Same good ideas, I could take. Same brilliant characterization, I could take. No. It’s the same in lazy, awkward or misogynistic ways. And then since I don’t READ other people’s stuff, I don’t want to post my own because then I’m the jerk that’s too good to comment on your writing, but still wants you to comment on mine. AND THEN WHEN I DO POST, people read cliches into my fic that aren’t there???
The text explicitly says X. WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE IT SAYS Y????